Followers

Thursday, April 13, 2006

Easter My Keaster

Well here it is, yet another Easter holiday. Another candy holiday, it's true. We just now got through the Valentine's candy and recovered from St. Patty's day green. It's amazing to me how much religion plays a part in everything, whether or not you believe. I am not a staunch religious person. I consider myself more of the spiritual sort. I believe in the higher spirit and that things happen for a reason...there is THE PLAN. I believe there is someone watching over us. I understand the people who are upset that others are trying to change things that have always been, though I understand the meaning behind it. There is a freedom to believe and the freedom to not believe. Easter is a national holiday....though on a Sunday. I get Friday, GOOD FRIDAY off of work for a holiday I don't necessarily believe in. I believe it's turned into just another family feast, where people spend all day cooking, people eat too much, have family arguments and complain about how much they've eaten. It's Thanksgiving Revisited. Thanksgiving I understand.....Christmas, don't get me started on THAT!

My Easter plans? I am invited to go to my gf's mom's house for dinner. I am so grateful for the relationship with her mom, since I don't have one with my own mother. It's always someone else's mother who loves me. I must not be so bad after all!! More about mom(mine) later.

Easter...ain't it sumpin'!

No comments: