Followers

Friday, April 28, 2006

Daily Observations

Today is the start of a new section I call DAILY OBSERVATIONS. Today's deals with a growing trend of **gulp** fashion.

My job requires me to take my clients to work on their goals....whatever it has been set up for them to work on. Every Tues/Thurs I take one of my clients to the mall where we walk usually 2.5 miles through the length of the mall. The daily mallwalkers have become a staple of the day and hence, so have we. While leaving the mall, we were walking behind an african-american couple, where the man was wearing the apparently required attire...the long pants/shorts that hang clear down below his ass. His girlfriend/partner/whomever looked respectable with her jeans belted and where they should be. I've never understood this trend...I've seen alot of white guys and gals too attempting this. Maybe I am just too old to get it.

My client whispered to me, "he's gonna lose his pants," as the man reached cleeeeear down to put something in his front pocket...which was down by his ankles. He looked at the woman and said, "she looks okay." Then he says, "I don't have much of a butt but I wear my suspenders."
I told him, "I have too much butt and there ain't no way my pants would ever fall down!" He laughed and laughed like I've never heard him laugh before. It made my day.

Maybe I'm too white, too old school....I don't know. Why is it approriate to show your unders to everyone within eyesight. It makes me laugh when I see someone pull up their pants....they only pull them up a miniscule....my god, we don't want to pull them up too much, someone might not see those boxers. UGH!

Its meaning will forever delude poor pitiful me.

No comments: