Followers

Thursday, July 13, 2006

The Girl Party


Well, the party is over. The infamous girl party. This is only my 2nd year of attending, but I love seeing my "peeps". It makes me laugh seeing all of the lesbians...from all walks of life. I made a point of watching them, most often they were the butches. They played bocce ball on the lawn while a few of us cheered them on, making rude comments, like "THAT SUCKED" or "NICE BALLS!" The butchest woman there called her gf "wife" and her gf's sister, sister-in-law....which I find oddly liberating, but then I just can't do it myself. I will always refer to Cindy as my gf, and I have no interest whatsoever in getting "married" or having a ceremony. This butch woman makes me smile because she talked about her job, which is delivering packages for some delivery company like UPS. She talked about training some guy that was having issues with other drivers and she flat out told him, "Don't know if you have a problem with this, but I'm the biggest dyke you're ever gonna meet." The guy preceeded to tell her that at his last job, he'd met a wonderful woman who was a lesbian and he'd had the best time working with her. After describing her, the butch woman pulls out a picture of her "sister-in-law" and turns out it was her. It would be nice to be that bold....I've told people in past jobs and only once did I have any problems.
My cheesecake was a hit and so was Cindy's dessert ...as always, I love her dessert! Uhhh just not this one, because it had marshmallows in it. There's something about squishy things I can't deal with.
But how I love this party and all it represents....can't wait for next year!

No comments: