Followers

Monday, January 19, 2009

Just a Quickie

I am back by popular demand! As you can see, there is a new addition: BellaMae.
She was Cindy's idea, even though it was my turn to have a cat...my girl cut ahead in line and took an extra turn! What can I do? She's so cute, I can't resist! I mean my girl, not BellaMae! I will be glad when she gets fixed, so Odie won't be attacking her from behind trying to get his groove on. She is 4 years old and we are trying to housebreak her as she was always in a kennel used for breeding purposes. Oh the joy!

As far as Brittany is concerned...Last Friday, I paid for a motel room for her. Just one week, then she has figure it out for herself. It is the hardest thing. I don't want to think about her on the street, but she has to learn the nature of consequences for her actions and the decisions she makes. Interesting that my mom called me tonight. I am always grateful for a second chance at this relationship, it means so much. She says, "you don't think I worried about you? Every day." I told her at times I thought maybe she didn't, but now that I am going through this, I understand why she did what she did. She told me "It was the hardest thing I've ever done or ever will do in my entire life. But I knew I had to." I know that is what drove me even harder to depend on myself. It's a good lesson that Brittany needs to learn. Brittany is mad right now because she wants to do laundry here and we are having plumbing issues. She does not care and does not want to spend her cash on the coin washer/dryer at the motel. AHEM Cash which I gave her, by the way! We shall see what happens...but I have to stick to my guns, I know that.

There is a reason they call it tough love.

It ain't for sissies.

2 comments:

KMae said...

BellaMae is aDORABLE!!!

And congrats for stickin' to your guns.
Hang in there, Jules.

JulieB said...

I am trying! Yes she is adorable and she knows it!

Thanks K!