Followers

Friday, January 09, 2009

Happy Flippin' New Year

Greetings!

It has been awhile since I've been here, but nonetheless, here I am. Am I ever so glad the holidays are over. I still don't understand why it gets so crazy and everyone is in HYPER mode, but what I don't know about things could fill the universe.

Brittany left New Year's Day. Yup, moved out after getting crazy hysterical mad about her cell phone not working. She did not care about anything else, yelling at both Cindy and I, screaming that she didn't care. Just plain disrespectful and rude. Then she yelled she was leaving and gave me her key. I told her we were not playing this game. So she left for work and never came back that night, though I left the door open just in case. She called the next day to say she was living with some people, "friends" as she calls them. I told her she was not coming back to live, that was it. Especially after Cindy and I turned our lives upside down back in October to allow her back in. She did not apologize but just said she was mad about her phone. The biggest thing that happened to make this all occur is that Cindy and I found the charm bracelet that my MOM had given her in the couch. Brittany lost it not long after my mom had given it to her and I had been looking for it. So I finally found it and Brittany was so mad about the phone she said "I DON"T CARE!" That's when Cindy lost it. So I am keeping it for her. The next day, Brittany asked for it back and I told her I would just keep it for her. "I was just mad." I told her that is no excuse for treating people like crap. There are consequences for your actions, the things you do and say.
I don't know if she will ever learn that.

Now she calls to tell me she has a 34 year old boyfriend, who is living with her with these "friends". It's an older couple and the boyfriend's mother and stepdad.

So now I have to let go and do that "tough love". It will be tough if she burns all of her bridges and has nowhere to go. But I have to.

I spent over an hour talking to my mom last night. If there is one event that made me grateful for 2008...it's my mom. It's sad that my grandmother had to die to make it happen, but considering the type of person she was and the damage she inflicted...it is peaceful she is gone.

Peace out

2 comments:

KMae said...

Jesus! I thought you'd NeVER write again. That was just too long, I was worried about you.

Brittany Brittany Brittany.
sigh.
I am so sorry you have to keep going thru all this bs with her. I am hoping you will be able to stay strong with the tuff love thing. Good luck with this. It is better to do this IMO.

JulieB said...

ahh K!! gosh I've missed you!
I know it's been too damn long! Too crazy!

well, such are the cards I am dealt. I just have to sit and watch now.