Followers

Wednesday, March 29, 2006

Gay Conversation

Jabz's Bloggin': March 2006

I haven't had that many gay men as friends, though I wish I did. There were 2 cool ones I used to work with back in 99-00 in a group home for developmentally disabled adults. Brian and Oscar, they were a couple. Brian and I were promoted to "Facilitators", a fancy term for manager, of 2 of the homes, respectively. Brian, we called, "Jack" after Will and Grace. As he always said, he didn't walk across the room, he "sacheted". (excuse the spelling!). One day we were talking and I told him I was glad I was a woman and a lesbian because I could not be a gay man and do "those" things. He said in his Jack-like voice, "oh honey, I know, cuz I could not do those things you women do, that is SO disgusting!" I know they live in Denver somewhere now and I miss them both! What fun! Maybe someday I will find them!

No comments: