Followers

Saturday, March 21, 2009

The 9th Wonder...

It's good to be surprised. Really good. I feel pretty proud of that kid of mine. That is NOT to say that I've let my guard down, but I can say I am surprised.

Toward the end of February, Brittany moved into her first apartment. It was a struggle because I had to come of with the security deposit and I wasn't sure how things were going to go. She can barely afford it, but she is struggling like anyone else....so I consider that an improvement. She's paid her rent (barely) but isn't that the case with anyone. She has not depended on me for money, but I've helped her when I could. I've always felt, up til now, that she has needed help and she would not be able to live on her own. But she is. She told me "I didn't think I'd like it as much as I do." Tuesday March 17th was her 20th birthday. Hard to believe, for sure. Of course, there are things she is still struggling with...making good choices regarding boyfriends...but hey that is normal. Well not the boyfriends part LOL It takes a lifetime to weed out the bad ones.
My mom even bought Brittany a walmart gift card for $50. So I took her shopping yesterday and she spent it on stuff for her apartment. It might actually work out! She's done good and I told her that too.

In other news: I went to the Dr due to pain and swelling around my elbow. It appears I have "tennis elbow" without actually playing tennis. It's a sore SOB. I was supposed to have a shot of cortesone but nixed it. I also have carpel tunnel in both hands, but I've lived with it for so long now...blahblahblah

Just a short word...I will miss Natasha Richardson. If you want to see an awesome movie, watch EVENING. Beautifully done with Natasha and her mom actually playing mother and daughter. Such a tragedy.

Let it be a lesson. Life. Don't miss out on it.

2 comments:

KMae said...

Oh. My. God!
Hooray for Brittany & YOU!!
Such a great Mother you are.
This was a long time coming & I know you are so relieved.

So sorry about you physical pain. Dang woman. You have to take a break from moving your elbow & wrists until they heal. (It could so easily get worse if you don't.)

As for Natasha Richardson, I just don't get how that happened. It is so tragic, so sudden. What a sad loss. Her mother is my favorite actress for sure! (Well Meryl Streep too.)

JulieB said...

Hi K!
Thanks! I am relieved but kind of astounded.
I'm not sure what I will do about the elbow. I am taking advil and putting some icy hot like stuff on it to get me through.
Gosh I love Meryl! Cindy LOVES her so for christmas I bought her a collection of Meryl movies and wrote "Have a Very Meryl Christmas!" Then I made up this song yesterday when we were watching The River Wild.
"Have a very meryl christmas.
And I think you all should know
Meryl is very sexy
From her head down to her toes!"
LOL