Followers

Friday, September 01, 2006

Just A Little Something

Brittany called me from her new cellphone that she purchased herself with her first paycheck from her first job. She is having the time of her life having this job. She sounds so grownup and she has surprised me, for sure. She has learned to text LOL and she has been texting me quite alot, calling me more often.

She also told me she is moving in with her best friend and her parents after she turns 18 which is in March of next year. I am not sure what I think about it, but apparently her foster mom is mad at her for that decision, even though she'd told her "it's your decision". Brittany told me, "I've had enough." But there is 8-9 kids in that house all the time and I know she is expected to babysit and do things that really the foster mom should be doing. It's the way they make money. If that's what I had to do to make money.....uhhh, I'd be happy to be poor LOL

But I can be very very grateful that Brittany and I are still close after everything that has happened. So I sit back and watch. Knowing she will be 18 is so crazy for me. She hasn't had the easiest life and who knows what's around the corner. She's working in fast food which is something I just cannot do....it's not the easy job people assume it is. So I applaud her and am so very proud of her...YOU GO GIRL! LOL

2 comments:

KMae said...

Oh WOW, Julie!
How wonderful that the first thing she bought was a cell phone & she is texting & calling you so often! I am sure you are so relieved to be able to communicate with her so much more now! Patience has definately been a virtue for you. Wow. Congratulations.

The foster kid thing for money makes me sick. I've seen it around here, too. Disgusting.

JulieB said...

isn't it though? Some of the kids, I am sure wouldn't have a place but to have so many is wrong.