Followers

Saturday, August 15, 2009

The Tangled Web...

Gosh, it's been quite awhile since I've written. Now I've got a doozy....

I've been working in my chosen field for almost 15 years now, working with developmentally disabled and lord knows how I love those people. I've seen alot....good and bad. It's the good that keeps me coming back. Somehow I always get roped into calling out the people who do the bad.

So recently, I've had 3 different staff members come to me and talk to me about another employee's (and in addition, my boss ) misuse of client money and verbal abuse. How it makes me ill. Of course, these things happened who knows how long ago....within the past year, but they could still be going on. Client's paying for staff's groceries, lunches...god knows what else. Not to mention my boss verbally abusing clients. So I did what I had to do...what others SHOULD have done long ago. I went to the director of the agency and reported it. Like other places, there is a "click" in management that has covered up these things. So I did not follow chain of command. Soon there will be an investigation and who knows what will happen. I am not sure anything can be proven at this late date, but at least people know now, who will do something. Evil is all over...even when people are pretending they are doing good.

I guess that's the most evil of all.....

2 comments:

Landlady of Fat said...

omg that's HORRIBLE!!

Do you think your job is at risk?

KMae said...

I say GOOD FOR YOU, whatever the consequences...

God, I was waiting forever to hear from you.
thanks for writing!