Followers

Sunday, October 21, 2007

It's Always Somthin'....


It reminds me of Gilda Radner as RosanneRosannaDanna on SNL years ago. It's Always Somethin'....and it is. It's the never ending saga that is my life right now. SIGH

Here's the update on Brittany the kid. Things had been going, well....okay, no outbursts for quite awhile. Then Brittany met this girl Courtney at school and they have kind of a weird relationship. Brittany wanted the girl to spend the night as she had spent the night at her house already. I spoke to Cindy about it. Cindy did not want her to for the simple fact that she is not out to her family and her co-workers. I understood and respected her decision. Brittany became irate screaming and hollering, I heard it over the phone. She threw the phone out of the way, kind of shoved Cindy out of the way and ran off. I came home from work, making phone calls and finally discovering where she was. I chose not to go after her. She is 18, there is not much I can do. She came back that night in a fit that she was 18 and could do anything go anywhere she wanted. So I tell her she can stay with her friend 1 night and then if she wants to be an adult so bad, she can come home and talk about it. She came back the next day, feeling bad about what she'd done. But I know this is not the end. I think she is way too involved with this girl...to the point of being fanatical and worship like.

Now on the other side...I received the report from all the tests that were done on Brittany. Her IQ is 73 and she has tested in the mild mental retardation range as I suspected. So now my plan is to go ahead and begin paperwork for getting her some services, like what I do for a living. I have the fear that she will fight it and in that case I may have to look at becoming her legal guardian, which costs money. But we shall see. It's alot to take on now, but it's the only way for Brittany to have any sort of future. I gotta do what I gotta do....

It's always somethin....if your kid ain't crazy, you are. You gotta laugh...
Peace Everyone

No comments: