Followers

Monday, July 16, 2007

Welcome To DramaLand!

Welcome one and all to the land where conversations are their own LifeTime movie! Yes, it's true...this is what's become my life...again!

Of course, I speak of my daughter Brittany(thank god she's not a wannabe rock goddess). We are slowly dealing with life as it was thrown to us 4 months ago. I miss my old life alone with Cindy, that is for sure...and I know she does too. There is alot to figure out. I took Brittany to the Center for Disabilities in Ia City(thanks to my brother) where they've done an assessment. Telling the whole story to the social worker was interesting. Another "training" doctor sat in on this and stated he was impressed with everything I had done to try to get Brittany help when she was younger. After these discussions, they feel she does not even have the PDD(Pervasisve Development Disorder) or maybe even the Bipolar. But they are going to do some tests and have her meet with a Neuropsychologist. The social worker observed how immature she is and I explained how she is now...where she won't have anything to do with the adult world. She does not want to watch adult movies or read adult books, she only watches nickelodeon and the disney channel and of course REBA reruns. I love Reba and that show myself, but it is not my every thought, like it seems to be with my daughter. So we have more appts. SSI has turned her down and people tell me I should appeal it. I am planning on it because I just don't see how she can make a living and support herself on her own.

Whenever I say something she doesn't like, she storms off to her room and later will come out to apologize. I've learned to let her go and not continue the argument. But I know I cannot fix what is wrong and all I can do is find her the help she needs.

If there is a reason for everything...I know that is why she was put here.

I wish I could storm off to my room.

3 comments:

Landlady of Fat said...

Wow, that seems like so much... but you are doing everything you can do, so that's what's important.

I know I don't know you and I hope you don't find it condescending but I'm proud of you. :)

JulieB said...

Thanks...that made my day! =)

KMae said...

Oh God. More of the same.
You are amazing.
I seriously would NOT have been able to have stuck with it.
God!
Am going to read you next entry...