Followers

Saturday, June 23, 2007

Lean Back and say "AHHHHH!"

Here it is once again: Summer. The kids are out of school and blah blah blah (guitar solo in my mind) . Kids everywhere...if I wasn't already a lesbian, I'd become one. One without kids...you know, a true lesbian. Surprised I'd say such a thing when I have a daughter? Yah me too. DISCLAIMER: Yes I love my daughter with all of my heart and would not change a thing (Hmmm let me ponder that for a moment). To think of life without her (hmmmm ahhh--okay, I am back to reality now) is unimagineable. I would never know the struggle of life and attempting to bounce back when there's no where to go but up.

I'm not the most political person...but I've noticed, like many others, the decline of morality. Oh there are those who say the gays and lesbians of course, know nothing of morality...well, just look at them! Yah, just look at us! I don't fault gays and lesbians for having kids together...if it's what makes them happy and everyone is for it, go for it. It's just not something I could do. I did it all on my own....the GROSS way and dealt with the consequences. That being said...I've grown to be quite pessimistic when it comes to today's parents. I sometimes think there is too much technology...although it has some awfully good points. I see kids with their IPODS in the grocery store with their parents. I think it's the most disrespectful thing when you drown out your parents. My mother would have had a fit. No one can talk to anyone or do anything without a cellphone in their ear...can't drive without one and yes, it's good for an emergency. Do we really think Paris Hilton is calling for an emergency every time we've seen her with her cell phone in one hand and her ugly little dog in the other? (Sorry to all the dogs out there). It disgusts me to even mention her name but I see it everywhere. Oh yes, I have a cell phone and I use it for work and of course friends and family...I love having it but I've learned to survive when I don't have something. Kids with cell phones and IPODS....I love music myself...have to turn it on in the morning first thing. It's all taken the place of talking to each other, face to face.

Maybe the world has gotten so violent, rude and immoral, that we just want to drown it out.

So now I lean back and listen to my inner child say "AHHHHHHH"

Peace and Quiet For Everyone

3 comments:

JulieB said...

hey thanks for the tip!

KMae said...

Oh Julie, I've been gone & have missed reading all you poignant missives! (Okay I cant spell.) You are truly hanging in there so well. Wouldn't expect anything less of you. The first paragraphs were funny, tho!
love ya.

JulieB said...

Thanks KMAE
love ya too :-)