Followers

Sunday, April 08, 2007

Life Turned Upside Down...Again

Greetings from a place I call UPSIDE DOWNVILLE...population at least 2 working on 3...

Who knew April would be so damn cold and full of life altering decisions. Oh, but I guess most decisions are life altering. It's the extent to which they alter your life that is the point. You may think I am overreacting, but I know that there are major consequences that affect my entire life and that of the woman I love more than anything.

Here it is: I shall try to be shorter this time as I noticed my post from last time was oh so long winded.

Brittany flew here on Friday 3/30. Before this took place, I attempted several times up to the day before, to find out Brittany's exact flight info. All I knew was that she was leaving Salt Lake City @ 4:45pm and getting into St. Louis @ 10pm. No one bothered to tell me anything else. I know that Brittany's foster family (mother) would not want to be treated this way. But, apparently it's okay for me. So Friday morning, I call the foster home at least 5 times...no answer and I left a message. So I keep calling and finally get someone. I believe he is Brittany's foster brother. He says "they" have left already. I assume "they" is the foster mother (S) and Brittany. He tells me he does not know what airline but he will call his mom and ask AND call me back. After 20 minutes, he does not call, so I call AGAIN. He says, "My mom must have her phone off but I called my sister and she knew it was Frontier." It was clear he had no intention of calling me back. So this I could work with, but no one could be bothered to tell me ahead of time. This already set me off.

So Brittany flies in. I did not know if it was a non-stop or there was a connecting flight. Cindy did some searching on the internet and narrowed it down. Brittany calls me from Salt Lake saying the plane was a few minutes late and that she had a layover in Denver. So when Brittany gets here, she has no return flight info. And so begins more phone calls. Brittany called home several times and then I began calling. I was told by Brittany's foster sister that Brittany bought the ticket and no one had any idea what it was or about a return. She also told me that she was attempting to convince her mother NOT to take Brittany back due to her increasingly violent behaviors. Believe me, I understand this...and I told her that but I wanted to know what was going on. Was it YES or NO. She said that she would have her mom call me. So for days afterward, I would call at least twice per day. I finally quit calling last Thursday.
I have found out Brittany only bought a one way ticket and of course the "sister" tells me Brittany meant to do it and it was all her. I do not believe that as Brittany was planning on going back to work Saturday(yesterday).

So now, I have to assume Brittany is moving in. Not to mention that she has another year of school left...and also the rest of this year. I've called the police and they referred me to Family Services so they are trying to figure out what is going on. Now I am left to figure out what to do. I was not expecting this in my lap and not only does it turn my life upside down, it does Cindy's too. She has been a dream, being so supportive of me and of Brittany. I worry about this with Cindy, though...as she is not out to her family and even she does not understand how she will explain it. We have a 2 bedroom house. I offered to move out, though knowing I could never make it financially with the job I have. Though I would try....but Cindy won't hear of it.

Such is life....enjoy what you have when you have it...cuz it can change on a dime.
Peace and hugs

2 comments:

Landlady of Fat said...

Wow, I'm sure you'll find a way to work it out.

Believe me, I know all about life changing in an instant. I feel for ya.

JulieB said...

Thanks!!