Followers

Wednesday, February 21, 2007

Never Ending Circle

Well...here I am at yet another crossroads in my life. Just when you think things are calm and you can sit back and enjoy it...here it comes.

Brittany was coming for a visit and I was preparing for this week of bittersweet happenings. As she saved her money, she was excited. This being said however, Brittany's future is questionable. Her life is out of control. This is what I was so scared of and now it is coming to light. Brittany has made life hell for her foster family and now they truly see what I was talking about. Brittany does not want to talk to anyone. Instead, everyone is walking on eggshells wondering if she will blow like Mt Saint Helens. She needs help getting her plane ticket and she is burning her bridges and refuses to sit down and talk to anyone. She told me, "I don't like to talk to people." I told her that people are everywhere and she is going to have to learn to talk, bite the bullet and put herself out there. She just refuses.

I spoke with the foster mother yesterday and I feel her pain because I was there 6 years ago. Now she has asked me to find a place for Brittany to go as she will be 18 next month and she feels Brittany will take off once she knows she can and the guardianship is over. I am not sure this will happen, but I am working on some things here. Since Brittany has invited herself to just come back to live with me, I am in the process of finding a placement for her...group home or some transitional placement where she can learn daily skills. This is what I do for a living, so it is good I have people to talk to and some connections. Knowing this is what has to happen for her to survive just breaks my heart. She needs some intervention and it's up to me to do something now.

How ironic is my life...here it is back to me where it started. Life will never be the same again.

Peace for all of us

1 comment:

KMae said...

OH MY GOD, Julie I'm SOOOO Sorry. If she comes to live with you - Yikes!!
Good luck, thank GOD you have all these people to get help from. I feel bad for you, as I know you just got your best relationship ever going this year. damn! You're right, life will never be the same. sigh. I'll be praying for you. Perhaps there is a half-way hose where she lives now?